Saturday, July 12, 2014

Forever Young



I love Christmas music.  I get just a *little* excited each year when the local station starts playing it 24/7 right around Thanksgiving time.  I hope that others have this problem, and that I am not alone!  Anyway, last Christmas, I heard the song “Hallelujah” played somewhere along the way.  That one usually doesn’t pop up too often, and I really like it.  So I searched for it on YouTube, and I found a video of a group called The Tenors performing it live on Oprah.  So I watched it, and I really liked the group!  I ended up buying their Christmas CD and one other CD that they have out.  I listened to them both throughout the holiday season, and I found that I really liked the music and found it beautiful and relaxing.  It was something different to listen to than the standard pop music on the radio every day – it is a crossover between pop and opera. 

The Tenors sing a song called “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan, and I really like the words and the message.  It is one of my favorites .  So, I decided to do a chalk drawing of part of the lyrics.    I am offering prints of the chalk drawing in my Etsy shop, TheHedgehogLife.





Leave me a comment if there is anything you would like to see in chalk art!  I hope you enjoy the artwork, and if you should check out the group, too (www.tenorsmusic.com)!

8 comments :

Michelle Furlong said...

This is a favourite of our's thanks for sharing.

Sarah Nenni-Daher said...

This is lovely, and those words are eternal. What a great choice! Thank you for sharing this, I just downloaded the 5x7. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennifer Menteer said...

There are NO WORDS for how much I love this! You can't go wrong with Bob Dylan ;) I'll be printing one of these STAT. Oh! And Hallelujah by the Canadian Tenors is top five one of my favorites ever! (And you've got hand writing skills girl!)

Bobbie S said...

Love it! Thanks for stopping by The Creative Exchange. I pinned it :)

Lauren @ Bless'er House said...

Oooh love this! I might have to frame this for our master bedroom. Thanks! And pinned!

Kristin said...

Thanks everyone!

Mandee Thomas said...

Stopping by from the Tutorials & Tips Link Up. Super cute printable :D If you are on Google Plus, I would LOVE for you to share it with my "Free Printables" Community! goo.gl/RPWDbD

Marie bloominghomestead said...

Awe, this is so sweet, what a gorgeous printable. Thank you so much for sharing at the Creative Collection Link Party, we would love to see you again this week. :)