Friday, March 18, 2011

3-15-11 Doctor Appointment

I had a follow up sono on 3-14 and my doctor appointment on 3-15 this week.

The sono went okay, but there wasn't too much of a change. The sono tech still wanted to call it a low lying marginal previa, but she didn't feel comfortable saying that it had cleared the cervical os because it was kind of hard to get a good look at. Even trying both and abdominal and internal sono. And the baby had her foot right in the spot that she wanted to see. SO, another sono is in my future.

The next day I had my doctor appointment with Sherry, who is the midwife I've been seeing the past few years. I was really glad to see her again. I feel like I know her best out of everyone there. And honestly, I just like the treatment I get with a midwife over the OB's. Not that the OB's are bad or anything, but I just feel like all the midwives I've talked to have been much more personable and caring than the others. Sherry and I talked for a while, and she was positive about the situation which was a nice change of pace. The first thing she said when she walked through the door was "Good news! Your placenta has been moving!" I feel like the last two doctor appointments the OB's have been fairly unoptomistic (is that a word?) about the situation. Anyway, she said that we still have a lot of weeks left in the pregnancy and the placenta is anterior, which is the best place for it to be if it is going to move. Of course there are no guarantees, but she said that she prefers to think of the glass half full and that we should just give my body time to do what it needs to do. After all the talking we checked out baby and she seems to be doing fine! I was measuring on target, and her heartbeat was at 155bpm. And I gained another 5 pounds from the last visit. I am starting to feel large. Some people tell me that I don't look big, but I feel big regardless! :-) I would think that I'll probably keep gaining another pound a week (if not more) throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

So, my next appointment is in two weeks! I can't believe that I'm already at the stage where I'm going to the doctor every two weeks! Then, I'll have another appointment two weeks after that and they will do another sono to see if there has been any movement again.

No comments :