Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pregnant!

So, I've obviously been a bad blogger! I have LOTS of catching up to do...potty training, zoo trips, Halloween, etc.

But the big news is baby #2 is on the way! I have been keeping track of all this in a separate journal, since we wanted to wait until we knew the pregnancy was going okay to tell everyone...I'll be posting all those into this blog now. So here's the first:

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm Pregnant!
The journey begins again!

I had a suspicion yesterday morning that I was pregnant. I've been charting to speed up the "getting pregnant" process this time around. I should have started Sunday, and didn't. And then I had a high temp yesterday as well. This morning I also had a high temp, so I took a HPT, and two lines popped up right away! Big fat positive! PREGNANT! This explains a lot. A week ago today I nearly passed out while driving to work. One minute I was fine and then the next everything was going black around the edges. Fortunately, I was right next to a gas station where I could pull over and get myself back together. It scared me, so I went to my general practitioner, where various blood tests for iron, blood sugars, and thyroid said that nothing was wrong. Surprisingly, the urine pregnancy test that they also gave me came back negative. Did you know that doctor's urine pregnancy test aren't as effective as some over the counter test you can purchase? I didn't! I just figured I wasn't pregnant (just another example that goes to prove doctors always aren't in the right), and that I just had a hypoglycemic episode like they suggested. Anyway, I felt kind of off for the rest of the week, and then on Monday when I had that extra day of high temp and felt ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED at work all day, I knew something was up.

So, I'm looking forward to the road ahead. My pregnancy with Tyler was fantastic, and I hope that this one will be the same. I really hope I don't get morning sickness!!! I am much more educated about all things birth than I was the last time, when I mainly read books such as What to Expect, and the typical sites where you get weekly emails about the progress of the baby's development. It will be interesting juggling a 2 year old and being pregnant. Last time I could just focus on the pregnancy...sit down or take a nap when needed. Come home from work and spend the entire night on the couch if I wanted. I'm sure I'll experience tired in a way that I never knew existed, much like the kind of tired that I didn't know existed before I had a newborn in the house.

Here's to a happy & healthy 40 (or 41 or 42) weeks!

2 comments :

EricaB said...

We're so excited for Baby #2!! Tyler's going to be a great big brother. :-) Congrats!!

EricaB said...

And thanks for the new blog post! We'd almost given up on you - haha. You'd think you were busy juggling a toddler and a pregnancy or something...... ;-)