Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!



Happy Easter! We had a really nice LONG weekend. Friday I decided to take Tyler to the park in Pekin. There was no way I was staying indoors! He had a lot of fun climbing and playing on the playground equipment. I also did a lot of climbing myself! As expected, there were tons of kids out, and I didn't want him up there by himself. He especially liked the slides.

Saturday we went shopping for a little bit. I was searching for things to put above my kitchen cabinets, but I didn't have any luck. I am ready for Third Sunday Market - it should be starting up I think in May. I hope I can find some things there.

We also dyed eggs on Saturday afternoon after Tyler's nap. Tyler had a stinky diaper before we started. I asked him if he went #2, and he told me "No, Mommy did it." Of course Daddy helped out by asking if Mommy needed her diaper changed. So Tyler went in his room and brought a diaper out to me in the kitchen and told me to "Lay down!!" So I decided I would just to see what he'd do. It was too funny...he totally would have unbuttoned my jeans if I would have let him get away with it! lol! Anyway, we dyed glitter eggs this year. I'm not sure what I was thinking with glitter, but Tyler seemed to have fun and we didn't have any massive spills of egg dye. And my house will look very sparkly for awhile! :-)

This morning Tyler slept until 8:45! Yay! Usually he's up around 7-7:30, which is fine with me. But every once in a while it is nice to sleep in. Then we met the whole family (Bill's and my side) at Gil's in Hanna City. We've been doing that for quite a while now. It was really good this year. Tyler got completely spoiled with Easter presents, and we have way too much candy in the house. By the time we got home, it was naptime. The Easter bunny visited our house during naptime, so Tyler got to do his third Easter egg hunt when he woke up. (We had an egg hunt at ATS a few weeks ago, and the neighbors did one last weekend). He was excited for the candy part, but really wasn't too into the whole hunting thing today. Tyler got a fun play doh toy from the bunny this year. He LOVES play doh.

The lightning from the storm really scared him tonight! He was so sweet...he was clinging to me like glue. He wanted held and kept his little face buried in the crook of my neck. He actually begged to take his bath (no big windows in there) and go to bed! He would have nothing to do with the living room and the big sliding doors in there! We laid him down in bed and he covered his little eyes with his taggie blankie and said "Me fraid!" It was so adorable! But, he didn't have one bit of problem falling asleep. So hopefully we won't have any major lighting and thunder in the middle of the night to scare him.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!

No comments :