Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Can I Do It?

I have had a bad spell of not feeling well. Pretty much since last January I've been having all sorts of nasty digestive difficulties. This fall was particularly difficult as the doctors had started me on various medications which I found out that I was pretty much allergic to, and made my symptoms get worse rather than better. Having to work was a nightmare. So much stuff I would eat made me feel terrible - I dreaded restaurants since you never know for sure what they put in things. I was lucky when I was pregnant I didn't have morning sickness - but I think I've more than made up for that with all of the nausea I've had during the past year. Finally, finally, finally the past couple months something has 'clicked' and I have just randomly been feeling better than normal - not always, but much, much more often. So, now I need to do what the doctor told me would make me feel better - exercise. He actually told me that over any type of medicine that exercising would drastically change how I feel. But up until now, I have just felt to crappy to do it. It's hard to make yourself do physical exercise when you feel like curling up in a ball on the bathroom floor.

So, I want to start tomorrow morning. I thought that if I actually wrote down that I was going to do it, it would help me motivate myself! I've figured that the best time for me to exercise is going to be in the morning. And it's going to be REALLY hard resisting the snooze button. So, I'm going to give it a shot and I'm going to try to keep it up for three months. Bye bye, sleeping in. I'll miss you.

No comments :