Sunday, May 3, 2009

Painting Completed!!

We finished up painting the house on Saturday about 5pm. In total, I spent 7 days painting. Some of the days were pretty long days, others were a little shorter b/c I was running around picking up supplies, etc. My mom was a huge help...if she wouldn't have helped me, it would have been another 7 days. Dad also helped, too. I think that I still love painting, but I am ready for a break from it. I think I hit that point last Sunday about 5 (Sunday ended up being a 13 hour painting day)...I was soooo exhausted. Last Sunday was the day we painting the living room, dining room, entryway and hallway. It involved climbing up and down on scaffolding and moving it around the room. It felt like I was pushing around a huge out of control shopping cart. I was completely exhausted...even Monday morning at work.

This weekend the guy doing the floor started on the concrete board under the tile, and tomorrow evening he's going to start on the hardwood. I can't wait to see how it looks!

Here's the outside...99.9% complete!


Helping Grandpa get the electricity going!



Kitchen...painted Barn Red. That's the hardwood sitting the middle, ready and waiting to be installed.



Living room - painted Oat Straw, Oat Straw, and even more Oat Straw!!



We've seen a decent amount of wildlife during our time painting. Several deer, and a couple of wild turkeys. They probably wonder what the heck a house is doing smack dab in the middle of their favorite field!

No comments :