Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Good Weekend and a Good Week (so far!)

It was a beautiful weekend, and fairly busy, too. Of course, everything feels busier with a 7 1/2 month old! Bill worked at our lot on Saturday getting the temporary electrical service hooked up. Hopefully Ameren will be able to turn on the juice soon. While he was busy with that, Tyler and I went to Manito to the pumpkin patch with Carla, Brian and Madison. It was sooooo cute. There were tons of places to take kiddo pictures, and they had chili, hot dogs, etc. Very fall-ish. Saturday was also our 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Can you believe it! It has passed very quickly. So, we went to Granite City to celebrate. It was our first time there, and I actually wasn't too impressed with the food, but it was still nice to go to dinner. Sunday Bill went to one of his favorites - a swap meet! And I stayed at home and worked on what felt like a Mt. Everest in laundry.


Here's a picture of Tyler and Mad at the pumpkin patch:




Here's a picture of our house all staked out, and also a picture of our driveway, from the road:






Also, as some of you know, I've been looking to switch my OB doctor. I'll spare the details here - that is a whole other post! But I set up an interview visit with the CNM at Dr. Kindred's office, and I think I've found what I'm looking for. This lady went through the exact same experience with her first as what I did with Tyler. Crash emergent c-section, general anesthesia - the whole nine yards. She knows where I'm coming from! This is a great comfort to me, and everything that came out of her mouth agreed with the ideas I have based on all the reading I have done. I'm excited.

Plus, I feel like I'm making some headway on things I've been behind on both at work and home - let's hope I don't jinx myself by saying that! :-)

No comments :